Friday, October 12, 2007

Gallery Night at Rediscovered Bookstore

Thursday night was "Gallery Night" at the Rediscovered Bookstore. It was a sort of artist's reception for the local artists displaying their work at the book store, and I was one of those artists. I have on display about seven of my colored pencil/mixed media animal & landscape pieces and a few of my "Stone Critters" rock animals. I am hoping I will get some sales during the Christmas season. I will also have my original portrait of Princess Diana on display there when the book they ordered, "Diana in Art," finally arrives. (See previous blogs for more on "Diana in Art.")

The owner of the store, Laura, took a picture of the artists and is going to put in on the bookstore's website, which is still under construction. There was not much traffic coming into the store that night, but hopefully that will change. This book store has only been open for a year and the Gallery Night event is fairly new.

The people who work at this bookstore seem to have a pretty good sense of humor and I really like them. This bookstore also sells hand-crafted art and novelty items. One of the things they sell there that I got a big laugh out of was a stuffed toy made to look like the famous psychiatrist, Freud, and it was called "Tickle Me Freud."

No comments: