Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Change of Direction

Today was absolutely crazy! It reminded me of that song by Enya that goes, "The turn that I was making, the turn that I was taking, it could be one direction, it could be one reflection, we might be at the beginning, we might be near the end." Plans get made then plans get cancelled. My husband and I were suppose to be taking a road trip to Leavenworth, Washington to visit some relatives. We were all packed and ready. Then we rechecked the weather report for Leavenworth and it was rain, rain, rain for the entire weekend. So we decided at the last minute to postpone our vacation until next weekend when the weather would be good. So now I have to call my art students and re-arrange art lessons again. I also have to rearrange my work schedule at my part-time job. Sometimes Mother Nature sucks!

Tonight I went to an Art Reception at the Nampa Civic Center. It was for the Nampa Centennial Juried Show. Two of my pieces were accepted into the show, "Still Waters" and "Otter Odyssey." But I thought some of the judging for the awards was awful. Some very amateur looking pieces got awards. It made NO sense to me at all!

No comments: