Monday, November 8, 2010

Self Portrait

There's nothing like staying up until 1:00 a.m. working on an assignment for 0il painting class, as the rest of the family sleeps. My latest project for oil painting class is a self-portrait and we can put in any type of background we want. I changed this thing about five times and I think I FINALLY am on the right track. It actually does look like me too! This portrait has gone through a series of changes. When I first started it, it looked like a scary ghostlike zombie. That was probably because I started it on Halloween night. Then I kept changing the background. I would paint something on there and then paint over it because I didn't like it. I finally got it to look less like a ghost or zombie, but instead it looked like a lifeless manequin. And it didn't look like me at all. Tonight I stayed up until 1:00 a.m. determined to win the battle and cross over into the land of good oil portraits. My efforts paid off because I am really liking it. I can't post a photo of it on my blog because the paint is still wet and it is too big.

No comments: