Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Cat Show and New Art Students!

"Got Milk?" Time to get you cleaned up
ready for the cat show March 20-21 at the Idaho Fairgrounds!

This weekend I turned on my computer and the monitor started doing some wierd things, then I saw what looked like a black silhouette of a person staring back at me. I thought, "Wow, this looks like something I've seen on Ghost Hunters!" But it was NOT paranormal--just your average, everyday normal monitor burn out! It is interesting that my monitor decided to blow up on the weekend that my husband was on a business trip. I think that my computer planned it that way. Anyway, it turned out not to be too much of a problem. Sunday, I went to a thrift store and got a used monitor for only $4.00 and it works great! This recession/depression has made me a very thrifty shopper.

This week my main goal is to prepare (as an art vendor) for the Cat Show at the Idaho Fairgrounds this weekend. I am making sure that I have enough rock animals, prints and note cards. Then I will set up the show on Friday afternoon. I advertised this show on my facebook page. I hope lots of people come and that I make really good sales!

Some good news!! I am just beginning to start art lessons again at my home. I got a call from a former art student who wants to take more lessons, so the first lesson was Saturday. It felt good to be teaching art at my home again. I have missed doing this.

It was WONDERFUL to
actually get paid for doing something that I love to do! I also got another call from someone who wants art lessons as well, so things are really looking up! Maybe this is a sign that the recession is going away??? This is not a great time to be earning a living as a freelance artist, but these two new art students gave me hope!

Hmmm... since I got two new students, maybe I should try for more! I'm going to work on some ideas to get more students. Perhaps the time is right to reopen the Beverly Chick Art School that was temporarily closed due to poor economy.

No comments: