Sunday, October 18, 2009

Simply Cats 3-D Art Project

I have been very busy this weekend finishing my next project for 3-D art class. It is due next Tuesday, so I spend Friday, Saturday and Sunday working on it. I just have a few things to do Monday and it is done. My project is a minature version of a cat shelter that I did volunteer work for this summer, Simply Cats. It was made from a book folding pattern that I turned into three separate rooms that housed the cats. Simply Cats has a total of about 11 rooms, but I didn't have time to create all of them, so I just highlighted three. Simply Cats groups certain types of cats together in the same room. The fat, overweight cats are in one room, the kittens are in a room all together, and the cats with allergies are put together in another room. These are the three cat rooms that I represented in my 3-D project. I happen to love minatures and this was a perfect opportunity to indulge in one of my interests. My mother had the same love of minatures. She use to make doll houses and put minature fixtures inside the houses. I guess that is where I got attraction for all things minature came from. I have a small collection of minatures from my vintage Barbie collection and some other nic-nacs, so I used a few of these items for this project. I really didn't have to buy hardly supplies for this piece. I had most of them at home.

Since this is 3-D, I can't really put it into the scanner right now so it can be seen. But I will take a picture of it and post it later. It turned out really fantastic and it was so much fun to do. I'm pretty sure I will get an 'A' on this project. It's kind of like those shows on T.V., Project Runway or Design Star, where you think you have created the perfect project or design, but it all depends on what the judges think--or in this case, what the teacher thinks.

No comments: