Monday, October 5, 2009

Ephemeral Art at Payette Lake



When I was in McCall by the beautiful Payette Lake, I happen to be on a beach with a lot of things like pine needles, pine cones, bird feathers, etc., so I used these items to make a little sculpture arrangement right there on the beach next to some rocks. I have posted a photo of the sculpture I made and another one of me enjoying my time on the beach of the Payette Lake.


There is an artist by the name of Andy Goldsworthy who does this same type of nature sculpture. He uses objects found in nature and puts them together to make an amazing design and leaves them out there in the open. He calls it ephemeral art because it is art that is meant to be temporary. It is art that is made from nature and will eventually be destroyed by nature and the elements. I learned about his art in my 3D art class at school and I think I would like to follow this tradition whenever and wherever I go on vacation.

No comments: