Sunday, September 6, 2009

3D Art Class & First Thursday Gallery Stroll

My second week of school and I am loving it! I am doing a lot better in ceramics now and some things are beginning to make sense now. I am making some teapots right now and so far, they are turning out MUCH better than the first 'thing' I made. In my 3D art class, I am making a sculpture out of clothing hanger wire and pantyhose, then I am painting parts of it. It is due this week, so it has to be fully completed by this Thursday. I am really enjoying this project. It is kind of fun to get outside the 2D art box that I am usually in.

This past week I went to the First Thursday Gallery Stroll in downtown boise this past week. I went with my friend, Lisa. We are both artists, so we are very into the art scene. There were lots of people downtown because that night was the same night as the big BSU Bronco football game which was also the first game of the season. There was a lots of celebrating going on and lots of people wearing blue and orange. First Thursday was also an opportunity for me to do some extra credit work for my 3D art class, so I took advantage of it. I gotta do what I can to get a good grade! I visited three galleries that night. Between walking all day at BSU and the gallery stroll, I must have walked about 5 miles. I was pooped by the time I got home, but it was fun.

No comments: