Sunday, January 18, 2009

Leopard In a Tree is Finished


I have finished my "Leopard in a Tree" piece. It is posted above. I am very happy with how it turned out. What a pretty kitty!

I originally had done the entire leopard, including the back end and legs, but when I cropped it (as you see above) I thought it looked much better than what I actually had done, so I'm only going to use the first half of the piece instead of the whole thing. Sometimes it works better when you go with Plan B instead of sticking with Plan A!

Artistically, I think I learned something new doing this piece. I think I stretched myself a bit more with this and did some things with mixed media that I had never tried before. I really mixed it up with watercolor & salt plus colored pencil and turpenoid, then I added a bit of white acylic paint spatters over it.

No comments: