Thursday, January 1, 2009

Abandoning The Old; Starting On The New--2009 Here I Come!

Holidays are officially over and I have even taken down most of my Christmas decorations. As to be expected, there has not been much time for art work because I have been preparing for parties, shopping after Christmas sales, cleaning & organizing my house, and getting my file drawers ready for 2009.

December 31st was the last day of my art exhibit at Dawson's, a downtown coffee shop. So I drove down there and took down my paintings.

I did a little work on a piece I was doing that is suppose to be an illustration for part of Isaiah 43:2, but I abandoned it because I wasn't happy with the composition and there were too many artistic problems that I couldn't solve. This illustration has to due with lots of water and being able to get through the water without it sweeping you away. I just haven't come up with something that works yet. I usually find that when I put something aside and go back to it several weeks (or months) later, I come up with a solution to my problem.

Since I have this week off from work, I decided to get a head start on painting rock animals. My next art show is in March, when have a art display booth at the Cat Show. I think I am going to focus on preparing for this show early so when March comes, I don't feel so pressured.

I also started a new piece. I am doing a leopard in a tree. I am intrigued with drawing and painting the big cats that have those lovely patterns on them (tigers and leopards). I think this is going to be a really good piece.

No comments: