Sunday, December 2, 2007

Making My Own Christmas Cards Again


Well here it is, my Christmas card for 2007. The inside of the card says, " May your hearts be filled with joy & your gatherings with laughter; May your home be warmed with love at Christmas and long after."

The only art projects I am working on right now are Christmas-related. As I do every year, I am making my own Christmas cards this year. I really enjoy this because it adds a more personal touch and I like the idea of giving my family and friends something I created myself. This year's card is a piece I drew a few months ago called, "Snow Patterns." It is actually one of the illustrations I did for my mothers poem, "Winter of My Soul" from the family book of poetry that I'm working on and have mentioned before in this blog. My challenge is always how to make these cards without going over budget but still make them look nice. I think I did pretty good this year. I went to a new new printing company that got a pretty good reproduction of the original and at a very low price. And they are actually willing to work with artists (we can be so picky sometimes.) I had to switch printers because of various problems. One printer went out of business, the other one decided they no longer wished to work with artists to get the best possible match to the original and their attitude was lousy. Sometimes good service is hard to find.



No comments: