Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Shopping is Like Football

It is that time of year again and teaching art lessons have ended until after the holidays. I am late in posting a blog because of holiday duties. I've been working on mailing out Christmas cards and doing Christmas shopping. I have about 80% of my Christmas shopping done. Yay! Most of my friends have been naughty so I'm just giving them a lump of coal. (Only kidding.) It is more fun to shop early and avoid the Christmas panic/irritability that comes with late shopping. As it gets closer and closer to Christmas, the shopping experience starts to look more like a football game with shoppers charging down the aisle like they are carrying a football while mowing down other shoppers.

I haven't had a whole lot of time for art projects that are not Christmas-related, but I have been working on one piece that is about half-way done. It is another humorous animal art piece. This one depicts a horse sticking it's head inside a car to surprise a boy. The boy has a look of shock on his face. What is funny is that the horse has his mouth open like he is saying, "Hello." I will post it on my blog when it is done.

No comments: