Sunday, October 10, 2010

New Portrait Commission

Last week I got a portrait commission! I was so excited. So now I have the portrait I'm doing for my college literature teacher and this one as well. I can't remember the last time I had two portrait commissions at the same time. I hope this is a sign of the economy getting stronger. I know that for my art business, people seem to be a little more willing to spend money than they were last year or the year before that.

This new portrait has a deadline and has to be completed in a couple of weeks. I have already started on it and it won't take much longer to finish. Since it is a graphite pencil portrait, I can do it fairly quickly. It is the full color portraits that take the longest.

I also taught a workshop at the Vine Arts Studio on Beginning Portraits in pencil. I was very happy to have this opportunity because the last Vine Arts workshop in September got cancelled. No one signed up! That is always disappointing.

It was nice not to have so much homework to do this weekend as I had last weekend. I was able to get a lot more of my own projects completed.

No comments: