Saturday, October 16, 2010

Doo-Wap Music and Art Sales!

I felt like blogging tonight because I just got back from the Nampa Civic Center where I had an art exhibit and heard a free concert of wonderful 50's and 60's rock & roll from an a capella performance group called The Alley Cats. They were awesome! It's been a long time since I enjoyed a concert as much as this one. There is something very special about that classic vintage rock and roll. The Alley Cats gave more than just a great concert, they were very funny and really did a lot to get the audience involved. And because I was one of the featured artists at the show, I got not just one but two complimentary tickets. We like freebies!

Oh, and even though the art exhibit was only for a couple of hours, I did actually sell some of my artwork.

I took some of the money I made in my art sales and bought two The Alley Cats CD's. Love that D00-Wap Music! Since they axed all the radio stations in this area that used to play golden oldies rock and roll, I figured I had to do something.

I also talked to the guys in the group after the show and had them autograph my CD's. They are all so young. I tried not to think about the fact that I'm old enough to be their mother.

No comments: