Monday, October 4, 2010

Art Show, Art Lessons and a War Poem

Saturday I hung 15 of my paintings/drawings at St. Luke's Hospital in Eagle. I also gave an art lesson that morning to a fellow class mate from my oil painting class. She was having trouble with tones and values in painting class, so I had her do a black & white & gray tone scale in pencil to help her see the many different variations of tone that there is. She said it really helped her and we are going to have another lesson in two weeks. I am gearing the lessons to what we are doing in oil painting class.

Well, as it turns out I only have one person who wants to take some art lessons in October. So that is what I'm going to do. My goal is to have several people in one class instead of just having one-on-one private lessons, but so far, it hasn't worked out like that. I'll keep trying.

I got bombarded with homework this weekend. Most of it was from my literature class. I spent most of Sunday working on a visual presentation for a poem called "Apostrophe to War." What was cool about it is that I turned it into an art project, experimenting with negative and positive shapes by pasting various photos and newspaper clippings onto a poster board that is on a carousel you can spin around. I call it the War Carousel. I used some fantastic photo references. My dad was a WW2 vet, so I had access to some actual newspapers and magazines from WW2 that use to be his. Then my husband has lots of books with actual WW2 photos.

No comments: