Saturday, July 3, 2010

New Catherine & Vincent Portrait FINALLY done!

Detail of Vincent--The Beast

The middle of this portrait isn't pictured, but this is the top and the bottom




I am so excited because I finally have had some time for myself to do my OWN art projects. Usually I am doing homework art projects, or planning art lessons, or something else has my time that doesn't even relate to art. But during this July 4th weekend I finally have been able to finish a project that I have had a real passion for. It has been in the works for about two or three months. Lately I have become interested in (okay, maybe obsessed with) the characters of Catherine and Vincent from the 1980's TV show, Beauty and the Beast. This show is really unique and has some of the most beautiful music, poetry, and romance you will ever see. There is a depth to it that you just don't find on television today. It is not just a TV show, it is a philosophy of living. It speaks to my heart and has given me much encouragement over the past few months. And since I am all about music, poetry, art and beauty, what could be more perfect for me?
So folks--here it is! I couldn't scan the entire thing, so I had to scan it in three parts. You have use your imagination and put the parts together. The portrait was made using colored pencil & turpenoid, but the rest of it was a collage of different pieces. The sheet music are from the Beauty and the Beast theme song and the poem at the bottom is actually from the show. It says 'Across what instrument have we been spanned? And what violinist holds us in his hands? O Sweetest Song.'
Does this rock or what????!!! I really love how it turned out!!

No comments: