Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spring Semester 2010 Is Over!

Wow! Where has the time gone? I am completing my last few assignments and projects for my college classes. The spring semester of 2010 will officially be over for me as of Wednesday, May 5th! (Cinco De Mayo Day) Then starting May 17th I start a new summer school class called Foundations of Education. And once again, the government is paying for it! Yay! However, I do have to purchase my own books this time.

I have been pushing to finish up my class work because this Saturday, May 8th, I will be exhibiting my art at the Women's Show of Idaho. And I have some more rock animals to paint and some art prints to prepare, etc. I figure I will take Wednesday through Friday and concentrate just on this show.

The only art work I have been doing this past week has been making origami Star Books. It is mostly folding, cutting and using lots of glue. This is a new item that I will be selling at the Women's Show and also at the Sawtooth Artisan Gift Shop in Stanley, Idaho. Star books can be used as a hanging decoration, or as a place to store flat items and keepsakes. They are really cool looking! I learned how to make them last year when I volunteered as a teacher's aide at the Boise Art Museum's Spring Art Camp for kids and in my Art Methods class at BSU.

No comments: