Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Colors and Moods

moods1

I thought I would post this little slide show that I found on Authorstream.com. This is a Power Point slide show called "Moods" by Tricia Ruffman. It describes the color of moods and what they represent. It shows photos of an object that uses that color. It is to be used by a teacher who would be instructing children.
I would like to use this slide show but change it to an art lesson for kids under 12. I love the idea of creating moods with colors. I think it would make an excellent art project for children to teach them how to create a "mood" drawing or painting. Ask them "What mood do you want to create with your art? " You could ask them to create a story using colors as moods. You could also use this idea for high schoolers. I think it would be very effective for teens because that is the age of moodiness and hormones, so it would be a perfect fit!
I could use Authorstream.com to download my presentation of Moods & Colors and show it to the class to prepare them for an upcoming art project. Then I could use either a projector and a large screen, or individual computers/laptops in the classroom. (a computer lab).

No comments: