Sunday, April 26, 2009

BSU Art Methods Class Almost Completed

I only have two weeks of my BSU class, Art Methods for Elementary School, and most of my spare time has been preparing for that.

Last Saturday I helped out at the Family Art Day at the Boise Art Museum. The theme was to create a piece of art with a black and white theme (no color) because one of the exhibits at the gallery was the black & white photography of Ansel Adams. I had a great time and I think I may have recruited a new art student! I was helping a talented girl about 9 years old who loved to draw and her dad was there. As I got to talking to him, it turns out that his daughter has a twin and they both love to draw and would be interested in taking art lessons from me.

I also spent an hour this past week helping one of the teachers at Hillcrest Elementary School with an art project the class was doing--Potato Necklaces. So with this and the three hours I spent at the Boise Art Museum, I have a total of 30 hours of teaching assisting & observation, which fulfills a major requirement for my Art Methods Class.

Now the only thing I have to do for my art class is make a 15-20 minute presentation in front of the class on an art lesson plan that I have developed for elementary-junior high school kids. I have that to do on May 7th.

The only art I have created these past few weeks has been art related to my 322 Art Methods class. Between my art class and my part-time job, there is very little time for doing my own thing. My job ends May 15th and then I am looking forward to being able to spend time doing my own art projects. I recently started on a really interesting cat theme art piece that I think has great potential and is a very original idea. (More on that later.)

No comments: