Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Gallery Hopping & Other Related Things

Today was my day to visit a few places around town that hang my art for the purpose of changing out some art and putting up new art. I delivered a framed print of "Autumn at Hidden Lake" to Lifeline Chiropractic to replace the print that was previously there. Then I went over to the Gallery in Hyde Park, which is near downtown Boise, to pick up all my note cards and prints. They had been there for quite a long time and it was time for a complete change out of art. Fortuntely, I am not out of this gallery, I am just going to submit new stuff. At some (undisclosed) time I am going to put up some of my Stone Critter rock animals to sell at their gallery. The owner had mentioned many months ago that he was interested in selling my rock animals at his gallery. At some later date, I will probably also submit some more art prints too, but it has to be new stuff that hasn't been there before. I have had my art at this gallery for several years now and they have always been good to work with. Some galleries give you the old "heave hoe" and tell you to leave if your work doesn't sell very well and consistently. This gallery has a sense of loyalty and sticks with me during times when my art does sell well and during times when it doesn't. They are good people.

During my visit to the Gallery in Hyde Park, they also gave me a check for what had sold during the previous months. It wasn't a lot, just enough to take me and my husband out for lunch somewhere not too expensive!

I emailed my client a photo of her finished portrait of "Smoke" the cat (See previous blog) and she loves it. Another successful portrait commission-mission completed. I think she is using it for a birthday present to her daughter. She confirmed to me that she put the check in the mail, so I'm really looking forward to receiving that. Hopefully, I'll get that check in the mail before I leave for my trip to Stanley, Idaho this Friday. What wonderful thing should I spend this money on? I should probably use it to pay for the gasoline it will take to drive to Stanley & back.

No comments: