Friday, June 20, 2008

Emerging Artist Show & "Get Real!" Vine Arts Gallery Show

"Reflection Detection"

"The Struggle: Being Real vs. Being False"

Everything is packed and ready for my Art Show tomorrow. I had a few obstacles. My printer jammed and a piece of paper got stuck and wouldn't come out. Murphy's Law says that the printer will always jam right during preparation for a big project or show. Then I had to clear up some miscommunication at the Sawtooth Artisan's Gift Shop where I dropped off my new inventory for the summer season. The gift shop is suppose to be open during the weekends in June, but it wasn't because they were in the midst of trying to hire a new shop keeper because the old one quit. So I had no one to communicate with and go over the paper work with. I hate paper work! The only paper work I like is the kind that comes out looking like artwork.
I also had to prepare and drop off new artwork for a new gallery show at the Vine Arts Gallery. This show's theme is "Get Real!" I entered two pieces--one is a print of a graphite pencil portrait on beautiful gold and brown decorative paper that I call "The Struggle" and the other is called "Reflection Detection" and is a colored pencil painting of a beautiful Leavenworth, Washington window and the reflection that is seen from that window. The reception for this show is this Sunday, June 22 at 7:00 p.m. I have posted above the two pieces of art that are in this show.

No comments: