Thursday, November 1, 2007

MYARTPROFILE.COM

I have been working on my new online art gallery, "myartprofile.com/beverly_chick". It is a great way to connect with other artists online and to get more exposure for your artwork. The best thing about this site is it is FREE! ("Free" is the magic word!) There is even a page on this site where they list freelance art job opportunities. This is a real friendly website. I have only had my site up a few days and I have already made about 25 friends. I am still learning the rules of the road and am not entirely sure how it works, but apparently, the more friends you have in your "approved list" of friends and the more people that list you as their "approved friends" the more your site gets promoted. The goal seems to be to make the "Top 100" list. Then your site gets promoted on their home page. Anyway, I am really having fun meeting and emailing other artists. There is some amazing artwork on this site.

I have been working hard on finishing the commissioned portrait of "Pika" the chocolate lab. I am going to try and finish it this weekend. I worked on it Halloween night. I would draw a little, then answer the doorbell, hand out candy, work on the portrait again, etc.

No comments: