Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nampa Art Guild Colored Pencil/Turpenoid Demo

I am doing the 'Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy' Ren & Stimpy dance! Last Monday night I got to teach a class of about 35 people by doing a demo on Colored Pencil & Turpenoid! This is the most I have ever had in one class. It was for the Nampa Art Guild. It was an amazing experience and I wasn't even nervous like I thought I might be. A lot of people were really interested in this new technique and had never seen colored pencil used in this way before. I even got paid for it, so it was like an actual real job. This is what I have been working so hard for & sacrificing for!!! I thought to myself after the demo, "Hey! I'm really an art teacher now!"

It was an odd experience for me to be the center of attention for about 2-3 hours. Even during the break, I was busy selling prints to people and talking to them about lessons. It was like a dream come true! I will be doing more demos and workshops for the Nampa Art Guild in the future. Cool!

No comments: