Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cat Art At The Cat Show

It was a very busy weekend. Last weekend I had my Chick Artistic Creations booth up for business at the Idaho Cat Fancier's Cat Show here in Boise. I'm always a little nervous about sales these days because of the recession, and although sales were not really high, they were still pretty good. And I met some very interesting cats too.

A local veterinary hospital, The Cat Doctor, bought $50.00 worth of my art prints to hang up in their offices. The prints that I sold were "Maynard on Roses" "Maynard in Pink Basket" and "Reaching For The Star." The doctor that bought them said that these prints communicated a certain type of cat behavior and personality that she wanted in her offices. The prints she bought were all from photographes of either my cat, Maynard, or my mother-in-law's cat, Cinnamon. (Both cats are now deceased.) It is cool that their image lives on in my art and on the walls of a veterinary hospital!

I also got to use some new display equipment that made my booth look really good--gave it that extra touch of class.

No comments: