Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Art Day!

Except for the hour I spent fixing dinner, I spent the entire day doing what I love the most--creating art. It is nice to have a day when I can be this free!
The painting of the two children (above) happily eating watermelon is actually a portrait commission that I have been working on for several months and finally finished. This portrait is for a teacher at Boise State University. I am really happy with the way it turned out. It was done entirely with colored pencil and Turpenoid.
I even found some time to start on a new piece. It will be called "Massage Therapy" and features penguins. I know you are asking, "What does massage have to do with penguins?" Well, you will just have to wait until this piece is finished, then I will show you!

No comments: